The PTA helps our school purchase items that are not in their budget, such as technology, programs and materials.
Throughout the 2017-18 school year the PTA looks to make donations to Oak View and support the great education of our students. Over the summer before the first day of school, the PTA donated nearly $50,000 to Oak View for a variety items. Our great oak trees were trimmed to improve visibility and security, picnic tables were purchased for our new outdoor teaching garden and the kindergarten playground, water coolers and refill service was established for the portable classrooms, and four new smart boards were purchased to replace older technology. As school started, the PTA also donated $30,000 for general unrestricted use, along with $125 per teacher/department to enhance their classroom materials. We also donated $1,000 for Biz Town and $5,000 for Book Fair. PTA dollars have also been allocated for teacher luncheons and appreciation week, programs, family events, field day and promotion. There are many more smaller donations throughout the year that help make a great environment for our Oak View students. It is your support along with our great sponsors that help make all of this possible. Thank you for your continued generosity!
How it's done...
Teachers, families and local businesses work together to accomplish these goals by:
- Through your PTA Membership
- Donating online through our "Growing Owls" Campaign
- Our annual carnival & silent auction, "Hoot, Scoot & Boogie"
- Buying Spirit Wear
- Eating out on Spirit Nights (Restaurant nights)
- Saving and bringing in Box Tops for Education
- Shopping at certain local and national retailers (Publix)
- Buying through the Amazon Smile website instead of the standard Amazon site or mobile app
None of this could have been done without you! Thank you for all you do to make our school great!