The PTA helps our school purchase items that are not in their budget, such as technology, programs and materials.
Throughout the 2016 - 2017 school year the PTA made donations such as $7,500 for our teachers/departments at the start of the year, $800 for Biz Town, $5,000 for Book Fair, and $1,500 for Field Day. The PTA also made a $26,000 donation for general unrestricted use, as well as $4,000 restricted for the new water fountains within the school and $500 for water cooler stations and supplies for the portable classrooms. There are many more smaller donations throughout the year that help make a great environment for our Oak View students.
As we wrapped up the fiscal year on May 31, the PTA Board along with Dr. Morris reviewed and approved several items heading into the next school year. Nearly $50,000 will be donated to Oak View for some great projects and improvements ranging from playground safety, new teaching technology, outdoor teaching centers, and landscaping.
How it's done...
Teachers, families and local businesses work together to accomplish these goals by:
- Through your PTA Membership
- Donating online through our "Growing Owls" Campaign
- Our annual carnival & silent auction, "Hoot, Scoot & Boogie"
- Buying Spirit Wear
- Eating out on Spirit Nights (Restaurant nights)
- Saving and bringing in Box Tops for Education
- Shopping at certain local and national retailers (Publix)
- Buying through the Amazon Smile website instead of the standard Amazon site or mobile app
None of this could have been done without you! Thank you for all you do to make our school great!
Join the PTA!
Don't hesitate! It's easy as 3 steps:
1. Create a login for the website
2. Fill out the PTA Membership Form
3. Check out - pay with PayPal or Credit Card
(Search for 'Oak View' as one word 'Oakview')